Self Esteem and Self Confidence Books:
In this article, we will be sharing the most incredible self-esteem and self-confidence books as well as other ways to enhance your development journey so you will not only love yourself, you will LOVE YOURSELF. Educating yourself and becoming aware of how to boost your self worth is certainly the first step.
If you are suffering from low self-esteem, not to worry! This isn’t uncommon. Many people at one time or another have dealt with these issues. The important thing to keep in mind is that you are going to solve this problem, and we are going to help!
Choose your favorite platform and subscribe to the Electrified Mind Podcast: Here
Loving yourself sounds like an easy thing to do. It is an easy thing to do, but you have to allow yourself to do it. Allowing yourself to love yourself can be difficult at first. If you find it to be difficult, it means that you are a beautiful person. You read that right.
- People that have a hard time loving themselves tend to put others first
- People that have a hard time loving themselves or lacking self-appreciation, tend to think everyone else is prettier or smarter (value others).
- People that lack positive self-esteem are usually not very outspoken, they tend to be the ones that do the listening and not the talking (they learn more than people that run their mouths)
If the items mentioned above seem like a weakness to you, they aren’t. They are strengths in disguise. The only reason they are in disguise is that you are categorizing them from the wrong perspective. Here is the truth:
Low Self Esteem
- People with this concern tend to put others first. How is this a strength? It means your selfless (not selfish). This is an incredible core value to have. Especially in today’s world when everyone is jumping up and down screaming “me, me, me.” Being selfless is an empathetic characteristic. Putting other people before you are a strength, don’t get that twisted in any self-esteem issue you might have. Cross that off your list.
- People that lack self-appreciation tend to think everyone else is prettier than them or is smarter then they are (better in some way). If this is you, it means that you value other people. You probably don’t realize how you make other people feel when you think that way about them. You make other people feel good about themselves when you compliment them and think highly of them. This is an empowering tool you possess, yet you probably see it as a weakness. It’s not a weakness, it’s a strength.
- People that lack a positive image of themselves are usually not very outspoken, they tend to be the one that does the listening and not the talking. Guess what? People that do all the talking rarely learn the things that the people that “do all the listening” learn. We were given one mouth and two ears for a reason. You should be doing twice as much listening than talking. You might think that your voice isn’t worthy of being heard, but what is happening is you are absorbing, or listening and learning much, much more than the “appearing to be confident” people around you that run their mouths. This is hardly a weakness at all.
Having confidence and being arrogant is not the same thing. Many times people mask their insecurities by appearing to be confident (that’s not confident). You are most likely more confidant than you realize you are, especially if you are:
- The person in the room who puts others first
- The person in the room who doesn’t think they are “all that and a bag of chips.”
- The person in the room who does more listening than talking.
These are characteristics of confident people. People that “act” like they are, aren’t. Ever heard that before? If you have to “convince other people that you are what you say you are”….then you aren’t.
- Don’t need to “be heard.”
- Have nothing to prove.
- Have a hard time realizing just how confident they are
Perspective is something to keep in mind. If you are being too hard on yourself, (which we all are at times) it will be hard to put things into perspective and see that your “perceived weaknesses” are not even close to weaknesses, they are strengths.
Self Esteem and Self Confidence Books
Here are our top picks. We have provided links so you can check out these books and purchase them if you wish. However, we are in no way affiliated with the author of these books and we have not, nor will we be compensated for recommending these books to you:
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- The Self Confidence Workbook: A Guide to Overcoming Self-Doubt and Improving Self-Esteem
Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone
- The Self-Esteem Workbook (A New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving an F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
- Ten Days to Self-Esteem
- The Self-Esteem Booster-Roadmap To Improve Self-Confidence, Develop Self-Love And Attract
- The Relationships You Deserve
- The Intrinsic Self: How Defining yourself and your Worth by your Achievements and Usefulness is
- Undermining your Happiness and Serenity
- You, Improved: A Daily Dose of Inspiration
Besides Self Esteem and Self Confidence Books
Going on a personal development journey and learning more about yourself is awesome.
Being self-confident and having great self-image and self-esteem can be achieved in many other ways besides reading books. The blog we created, that you are reading right now, has so many incredible articles that will enrich your life and empower you to live a life of greatness. Self-esteem is only a tiny piece of the puzzle to living a life of greatness.
Sure, to you right now it may seem like a pretty large piece, but it is only a tiny piece. We publish an incredible article several times per week. We’d like to be an integral part of your journey towards not just self-esteem, but towards greatness – which you deserve. We would be honored if you subscribed to our blog. If you do, we will send you an email every week recapping the articles and episodes we publish so you don’t miss anything. Subscribe Here.
We also have a show where we talk about pure personal development. We interview inspirational and motivational leaders from around the world and every day we have a short 10-15 minute episode which will empower you to take your life to the next level. Choose your favorite platform to listen to our show and subscribe here: Electrified Mind Podcast
Self Esteem Quotes
“I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
“The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”
― Mark Twain
“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” ― Marilyn Monroe
“When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” ― Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart
“The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” ― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays
“The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” ― Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
“The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” ― C.G. Jung
“Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” ― Author-Poet Aberjhani,
Journey through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry
Self Esteem Affirmations
- I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me.
- I choose to be happy right now. I love my life.
- I appreciate everything I have. I live in joy.
- It’s easy to make friends. I attract positive and kind people into my life.
- I am OK as I am. I accept and love myself.
- I recognize the many good qualities I have.
- I let go of negative thoughts and feelings about myself.
- I deserve to be loved
- I have high self-esteem
- I love and respect myself.
- I am a great person.
- I respect myself deeply.
- My thoughts and opinions are valuable.
- I am worthy of having high self-esteem.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve to feel good about myself.
- Liking and respecting myself is easy.
- I approve of myself.
- I care about myself.
- I appreciate myself.
- Each day I am becoming more self-confident.
- I love myself unconditionally
- I am awesome
You are amazing. You are unique. You are valued. It doesn’t matter what other’s see you as amazing, unique and valued, you must see it in yourself – Electrified Mind
Go for the ride of your life with us. Subscribe to get the latest articles delivered weekly to your inbox on a silver platter: Subscribe Here
Choose your favorite platform and subscribe to the Electrified Mind Podcast: Subscribe Here
We appreciate your feedback and would love to hear from you! leave us a comment in the comment section below!
Author: Philip Isaac
Philip Isaac is the founder of Electrified Mind. He is determined to reach the highest level of personal development as humanly possible by interacting with other world leaders through the Electrified Mind Podcast and absorbing all the knowledge they have to offer (you should join him). His overwhelming desire to make other people feel how he feels about life, drives him.