Here is a collection of quotes that will help you overcome your doubts, or help you to realize the power of them (they can be taken advantage of)
If you haven’t done so already, check out our post on “Doubt“.
- It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about. – Dale Carnegie
- “We learn from failure, not from success!” Bram Stoker, Dracula
- “You don’t get to moments of breakthrough by accepting failure at face value, believing your self-doubts to be accurate, and quitting altogether.” Vic Johnson, Failure
- Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise. William Shakespeare
- Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love. – Emma Watson
- Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference – Robert Frost
- “Ten thousand difficulties do not make one doubt.” John Henry Newman
- I will listen to anyone’s convictions, but pray keep your doubts to yourself. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
― Bertrand Russell
- “But the reality is the people who put us down, the very ones who make us doubt ourselves, never really make anything of their own lives themselves.” Clarence Chan
- Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.
- What we have to remember is that we can still do anything. We can change our minds. We can start over. Get a post-bac or try writing for the first time. The notion that it’s too late to do anything is comical. – Marina Keegan
- To have doubted one’s own first principles is the mark of a civilized man.
- “Galileo called doubt the father of invention; it is certainly the pioneer.” Bovee
- Self-doubt kills talent. Edie McClurg
- Just remember to never doubt yourself, we are all capable of amazing things. Rob Cristophe, Bad Habits
- “A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory.” Arthur Golden
- Philosophy when superficially studied, excites doubt, when thoroughly explored, it dispels it. Francis Bacon
- “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
― William Shakespeare
- Failure is a stripping away of the inessential. – J.K. Rowling
- Doubt is the incentive to truth and inquiry leads the way. Hosea Ballou
- Doubt whom you will, but never yourself – Christine Bovee
- The struggles make you stronger, and the changes make you wise; happiness has its own way of taking its sweet time. – Gary Allen
- If the Sun and Moon should ever doubt, they’d immediately go out. William Blake
- Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar. – Drew Carey
- We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained. – Marie Curie
- The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today –Franklin D. Roosevelt
- All you’ve got to do is own up to your ignorance honestly, and you’ll find people who are eager to fill your head with information. – Walt Disney
- Sometimes, life doesn’t want to give you what you want. It’s not because you don’t deserve it, but because you deserve more.
- I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. Wilson Mizner
- We know accurately only when we know little, with knowledge doubt increases. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- I always joke about letting the haters motivate you. Everybody has that in their life, people who doubt them or make them feel less than they are. It just takes faith and belief in yourself, and you’ve got to dig deep into that. That has to come from you – nobody’s going to give you that. – Jennifer Lopez
- Doubt is the incentive to truth and inquiry leads the way.Hosea Ballou
- If you want to know where your heart is, look to where your mind goes when it wanders.
- You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. – Nicholas Sparks
- When in doubt, ask. When not in doubt, ask.
- The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth- Pierre Abelard
- I think it’s healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person. – Oscar Wilde
- When in charge ponder. When in trouble delegate. When in doubt mumble.
- With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose. – Wayne Dyer
- Suspicion amongst thoughts are like bats amongst birds, they never fly by twilight.Francis Bacon
- I hope you live a life that you’re proud of. And if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions. – Will Smith
- Your past doesn’t have to dictate who are, but it can help you discover who you’re meant to be. – C.M. Stunich
- There is no greater folly in the world than for a man to despair.Miguel de Cervantes
- Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
- Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution. – David J. Schawrtz
- Doubt, of whatever kind, can be ended by action alone.Thomas Carlyle
- Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand. – Colin Powell
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
- In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted. Bertrand Russell
- It doesn’t matter what others are doing. It matters what you are doing. – Steve Maraboli
- Stop trying to be less of who you are. Let this time in your life cut you open and drain all of the things that are holding you back. – Jennifer Elisabeth
- A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. – Ayn Rand
- He that knows nothing doubts nothing. George Herbert
- The road to perseverance lies by doubt. Francis Quarles
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead
- Rock bottom became the solid foundation of which I built my life. – J.K. Rowling
- A hero is someone who, despite weakness, doubt or not always knowing the answers, goes ahead and overcomes anyway. – Christopher Reeve
- The fearful unbelief is unbelief in yourself. Thomas Carlyle
Do you know a great quote concerning doubt that wasn’t on our list? Let us know what it is and we will add it!
Author: Philip Isaac
Philip Isaac is the founder of Electrified Mind. He is determined to reach the highest level of personal development as humanly possible by interacting with other world leaders through the Electrified Mind Podcast and absorbing all the knowledge they have to offer (you should join him). His overwhelming desire to make other people feel how he feels about life, drives him.